If you’re like me, you understand that your hormone levels have a lot to do with your skin problems. Meaning that whatever is going on with my body usually has a lot to do with how my skin looks. The only thing I’ve been able to control is what I use on my face and what I eat and drink. Here are some tips to dealing with problem skin!
1. Drink plenty of water. We’ve all heard this a thousand times and that’s because it’s true. Water tends to flush the body, which gets rid of unnecessary toxins.
2. Eat as healthy as possible. Ever heard the saying, ‘You are what you eat’? Well you are.
3. Don’t touch your face if your hands aren’t clean! This just keeps the face clean. It’s bad enough that we have to worry about what we take in causing trouble, we don’t need extra germs and bacteria from the outside too.
4. Keep clean sheets and pillowcases. Again this is one of those outside things that you can control.
5. Find a great skin care routine. I stopped using soap a long time ago and I only use a cleaning solution plus some witch hazel. *I recently added a great oil to my routine*
6. Add in a moisturizer for a little extra! I don’t wear makeup but I want to glow too lol.
7. Last but not least. Keep stress levels low. Believe it or not stress levels can and will show in your skin. Whether or not you’re abiding by a skin routine, you can exhibit signs of stress through your skin.