I’s difficult to tell when a loved one or a friend is dealing with abuse. It is important to know what to look for so you can point it out and get that person some help if need be.
These signs can be:
1. Distancing themselves from others
2. Personality change
3. Nervous fidgeting
4. Biting nails excessively
5. Not wanting to be touched
6. Acting out at school
7. Threatening to harm themselves or others
8. Exhibiting behavior similar to their abusers
9. Never being able to come over their homes or vice versa
People all around us, everyday are being abused and no one knows. We ignore the signs then act surprised when things start going haywire. Pay attention to your neighbors and loved ones!
This has been a journey but I’m not stopping anytime soon. As always thanks for reading!